The Nevada State Museum has installed the first large-scale artifact in the new connecting structure, a 1902 Basque sheepherders wagon. The wagon was built around 1902 for the Campbell Ranch in White Pine County. The sheepherders wagon was also owned by the Baker family, they used the wagon from 1930 to 1941. The first sheepherders wagon was built by James Candlish of Rawlins, Wyoming in 1884. He designed and built the original sheepherders wagon from an old wagon behind his shop. This wagon was open in front, with the interior canvas flap to block the wind, and was quickly adopted by sheepmen all over the west.
[…] 1902 Basque Sheepherders Wagon | Around Carson […]