This weekend is one of the most exciting times to be in Carson City, it’s Nevada Day weekend. The main event is the parade, of course, which will be taking place on Saturday morning, starting at 10am. Carson Street is closed during the parade, obviously, so keep that in mind if you’re trying to go to or around downtown on Saturday. You could also just stay at home and watch the parade, because for the second year in a row the parade will be streamed live over the internet. That is happening thanks to We Shoot Video, and the stream can be found at www.weshootvideo.com Saturday morning.
You can tell the Nevada Day parade is coming up when you see marching bands walking around the neighborhood practicing. This I believe is the Carson Middle School marching band, getting ready for the big day on Saturday.
The parade isn’t the only thing going on this weekend. Carson Now has the complete rundown of all the Nevada Day activities. Here are a few highlights.
- Carnival at Mills Park all weekend
- Pancake Breakfast at the Governor’s Mansion, Saturday at 7am
- Hot air balloons and Air Force flybys before the parade
- Nevada Day Classic Run/Walk Saturday morning
- Nevada Day Beard Contest at the Capitol after the parade
- World Championship Single Jack Drilling Contest at the Carson Nugget, 11:05am
- 28th Annual Chili Feed at the Carson Nugget’s Banquet Center, 12-2pm
- Governor’s Mansion open house, 12-4pm
- Rides on the McKeen Motorcar at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, Saturday 10am-4pm
NevadaDay.com has the full list with details about each event.
And then, just in case all of that wasn’t enough for you, Sunday night is Halloween. I’ll be out trick or treating near the Governor’s Mansion as usual; that really is the best place to go. See why here.