In the interests of water conservation over the summer, Douglas County has set down several guidelines for outdoor watering of lawns and other landscaping. The 2005 guidelines are in effect from July 1 to September 30. The county sent out a letter outlining the restrictions for homeowners.
Here’s a basic rundown of the restriction and guidelines:
- No watering for purposes of irrigation from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- No allowing water to pool, pond, or runoff due to over-watering.
- Odd-numbered addresses can only water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
- Even-numbered addresses can only water on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
- No watering on Fridays.
- Do not plant new lawns between July 1st and September 30th.